I'm Testing Out the 645 PRO Mk III iPhone Camera App
I'm just testing out the 645 PRO Mk III iPhone camera app. The experience is as close to using a non-phone camera as I've found. This app has, among other things:
- manual exposure control and automatic exposure with a choice of spot or matrix metering
- semi-automatic shutter priority and ISO priority, both of which include ±3 exposure value compensation
- automatic white balance, a selection of white balance presets, and the ability to create and save a custom white balance
- manual focus override and focus-peaking
- real-time exposure metering, ISO and shutter-speed readings, exposure values, GPS data, and a choice of histograms
- shutter release button behaviour configuration
- shoot unprocessed or in Film Mode, which are modes inspired by film stock from the 1960s to present day
- 7 size formats
- images can be saved as high-quality jpegs or as TIFFs
Here's what it looks like when you're shooting:
So far, with my limited experimentation, I'm liking it. Just click on the kitty photo to enlarge it and take a look at the clarity of Onion's ear hair! You never knew you'd want to marvel at the clarity of ear hair, but you do.
I think this is going to be my go-to camera for the next while so I can have a chance to play with more of its abilities. It's definitely worth the $4.59 price on it. Whee!