Gratitude List 1074: The First Great Weekend, Aidan's Salad, Lapping Water, Happy Dogs, and Other People
- This last weekend was the first really gorgeous, non-winter weekend of 2018, so
- Aidan and I went out for lunch, and I ate the same salad as he did just to see more of what he experiences when we go out, how his food tastes, how it feels, and then
- we took a walk around the Wascana, where I got to listen to water lapping against rocks for the first time since the middle third of last year, and
- every dog we saw was owning every second of their time in the yellow sun as they gazed at other dogs and all their potential best friends, and
- I sat on a rock and listened to nearby couples and families speaking in at least a half dozen different languages while they fed the geese, and I wanted to take them all home.