Gratitude List 1070: Bright Evenings, Tea, a Lap Kitty, Invoicing, and Ready Player One
- We're at the point in the year in Saskatchewan when the days are longer, which allows the evening light to stretch long and warm through the windows. Now I just have to overlook the piles of cat hair it reveals.
- I fell off the tea train for a few months, but I've recently found my way back to the joy of boiling water, watching the leaves rise and fall in my cup, and sipping through the steam for a few minutes. It's so restful.
- I have a kitty on my lap as I type this. It's Lula, and she's had a hard time feeling safe and safely loved, but about ten years in she's finally able to sit on my lap while I work. I have to pee, but I'm going to stay put for this one.
- I remembered to send out invoices! When you get into freelancing, you think about the great work you'll be doing and not the administrivia that comes along with it. Can I feel thankful about doing what I was supposed to be doing anyway? You bet.
- The world brought me the movie Ready Player One, and I don't care how faulty some of the things it asks us to accept are. I had a fantastic mental holiday.