Gratitude List 1068: A Cookbook Reader, a Quieter World, a Snow Plow, Sun Bears, and a Barista
- Aidan actually likes reading cookbooks and then cooking excellent food.
- As much as I complain about winter, the heavy snowfall over the last day has left the world feeling slow and soft and quiet.
- The snow plow I can hear outside means I can probably go for a walk tomorrow.
- I found out about sun bears, a bear species occurring in tropical forest habitats of Southeast Asia. They are ridiculous: they look like "…a human in a bear costume who's doing a very bad job acting natural."
- The barista at the coffee shop where I borrowed wifi this afternoon chatted to himself under his breath about every drink he made, narrating each one like a story.