Grace in Small Things No. 994: Gallivanting, Six Years Sober, Tattoos, New Jeans, and Hard Truths
- I spent a good part of last week gallivanting around the Saskatchewan countryside with Susan and Sarah, two wonderful human beings whom you would all be lucky to meet.
- I had my 6-year anniversary of sobriety on the 17th. SIX YEARS, people. I once believed this was impossible, but now I know better.
- Susan and I got new tattoos at Ink Addiction in Saskatoon. Here's mine.
- Aidan bought a pair of jeans that didn't fit him quite right, so he let me try them on, and they were the best fit I've found yet. All women's jeans seem to be skin tight, or baggy and ripped, and/or cropped, but men's jeans still know how to be long pants that aren't tights or full of holes. If women's jeans choices have been getting you down, get thee to some men's Levi's 513s.
- I wrestled with some deep, hard truths. It was no fun wrestling with them, but this is how life moves in good directions, and I'm here for it.