Grace in Small Things No. 989: Bretzels, Theatre, a Strange Kid, Steak Sauce, and Laundry
- I ate the above "bretzel" at the new Cathedral Social Hall on Friday, and I do believe I could survive on them.
- I went to six plays at the Regina International Fringe Theatre Festival, and it was such a great experience. I've never taken in quite that many in one weekend, but these were so, so worth it.
- I gave all the money I had in my wallet to a kid who shook with fear and grief outside a convenience store, and I shared a bit of my own down-and-out history with him for a moment. I hope it helped him get home. This seems like a funny thing to throw into my gratitude list, but I'm deeply thankful for him.
- There is this special Korean-inspired sauce that Aidan invented for steak, and then he made us steaks, and they were things of beauty.
- The machine that puts more money on our laundry cards in my building has been fixed! WE CAN HAVE CLEAN TOWELS. Today, I love doing laundry.