Grace in Small Things No. 963
- I got to go to the Saskatchewan Science Centre with my friend Mary and her kids when they were in town. She's a freaking elixir.
- I've started a new project, or rather I'm revisiting an old project, #365poems. In 2013, I wrote a poem every day for the entire year, and I am doing that again this year. It feels good to be pushing the words around like this again. (All the poems from 2013 and this year live here.)
- We slept in the guest bed last night just to switch things up, and it was like a sleep vacation. Sleep tastes different in different locations on different beds and couches and floors. I vow to take sleep vacations more often.
- I gave Aidan a Breville Risotto Plus for Christmas. It's a slow cooker that is also a risotto maker, rice steamer, and sauté-er all in one, and it makes eating at home wonderful.
- I celebrated my first New Years out of the house with friends since I got sober over five years ago, and it was lovely.