Grace in Small Things No. 960
- I repotted the still-newish houseplants I haven't killed off yet, so the house smelled like fresh soil all afternoon. I almost forgot it was December. (I've only killed one out of six of the plants over the last month. Win!)
- I finally got Molly Crabapple's memoir, Drawing Blood, and I'm liking the anticipation before reading it.
- I'm a sucker for the cajun chicken cheddar sandwiches at Earls, and, damn, they were good on Saturday night.
- Sometimes Aidan sings to himself while he cooks. It's one of my favourite sounds.
- I gave myself a break from the world this weekend and didn't read the news. The world wasn't benefitting from my participation in the 24/7 news cycle, anyway, and I found some extra hope in self-care.