Grace in Small Things No. 937 (572 + the first year's 365)
Wage a battle against embitterment and take part in Grace in Small Things, a community for acknowledging and growing gratitude.
- Aidan and I spent over 22 hours in cars and on buses over the last few days, and we survived with our humour intact.
- We attended a family wedding and got to see the loveliest couple get married. Some couples make you go hmm and hope for the best, but not these two.
- Our trip didn't give us much time to take in the Alberta badlands, but the few minutes we did get were wonderful.
- We stayed in a hotel for two nights! I love staying in hotels, even if they're a non-posh Motel 6.
- I hung out with my nephews, aged 2 and 3, and their hugs and kisses are soul food.
PS. I started Grace in Small Things back in October 2008, and I wrote a gratitude list every day over that first year. When I finished that first year, I started numbering my Grace in Small Things posts from 1 again, for some reason, but I am going to count all of them together from here on in. Why look like I've only written 572 when I've actually written 937?