Grace in Small Things 1058: A Happy Family, Star Wars, a Small Christmas, Wellness, and Quiet
- I was honestly worried about how Augie, the marmalade cat, would fit into our home when we adopted him at the beginning of September, but over time his presence seems to have ironed out a few of the weird neuroses our other three cats have. Having pets is both less work and a calmer experience with Augie around (most of the time, when he's not divvying up garbage with the other cats at 3am).
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi was fantastic, and I'm going to see it in the theatre again.
- Christmas is turning out to be a very small affair with only a handful of people this year, and I am RELIEVED.
- Aidan and I are physically well. I forget how great it is not to have to deal with heavy medical complications, which means I sometimes make too much out of a stubbed toe.
- I have been making extra space for my mind to be calm and unfed. Less social media, fewer podcast episodes, and less music are leading to more periods of relative quiet in which to let my brain wander without a leash. It feels a bit like waking up.