Grace in Small Things 1039: New York, GenderAvenger People, Friends, Shepherd's Pie, and Aidan's Birthday
- I spent three days in New York last week. There was a time when I believed it was not possible for me to go anywhere, and I'm thrilled to be in a life that makes it possible.
- I hung out with my GenderAvenger people. I only get to see them about once a year, so it's nice to see their faces up close and in person.
- I was able to hang out with two social media friends, Anne-Marie and Briar (and her kid Beckett), and they are even better humans in person.
- I ate my weight in shepherd's pie while recovering from heat stroke, which is what you get when you visit New York during a heat wave. Heat stroke isn't great, but convalescing over a cast iron pan filled with meat and potatoes is.
- I made it home just in time for Aidan's birthday. Taking three planes home with no delays or layovers? Miraculous.