Grace in Small Things 1028: Marc Shoes, a Sound Walk, the World, an Upcoming Trip, and Friendship
- I got these fantastic golden yellow Marc shoes last week and have found an excuse to put them on every day since.
- I went for a walk today and imagined that I was listening to all the sounds like a record I'd put on. The world gained a rhythm I often forget it has, gulls flapping overhead to the downbeat of my heels on the pavement.
- The world has never given a damn when I feel like it's ending. It just keeps doing its thing until I'm ready to catch up.
- I'm leaving on a trip to visit my friend Jen later this week, and I am so thrilled that I'll (hopefully) get to see a few friends in between stretches of laying about.
- I had the deep honour of having friends check in with me this week to see how I've been, and they did it just when I truly needed it most. I was reminded that we are often terrible judges of our own worth and would do best to put ideas of worth aside.