Grace in Small Things 1025: Morning Light, a Slurry, Entertaining, Bare Feet, and Being Walt
- Morning light is back! I'm not even a morning person, but longer days with brighter sunlight feels like a return to sanity.
- I've taken to making a slurry of instant mashed potatoes with leftover soup, and, although it might sound wrong, it is so very right.
- Aidan and I had people over on Saturday night. This is normal behaviour for lots of other people, but we rarely have anyone over, usually defaulting to meeting people elsewhere. I am determined to change this now. We liked it! People are good! I don't have to leave the house!
- I'm in bare feet, and my feet are not frozen. (It's so weird that we say we're "in bare feet" or "wearing bare feet", because we don't say that about our hands.)
- I had a dream that my name was Walt, and whenever I did something stupid, Aidan would say "Wall-terrr!" It was delightful. I won't mind if anyone calls me Walt.