Grace in Small Things 1022: Family, Muffins, a Blizzard, Love and Connection, and Bad Movies
- My aunt Jill died suddenly a week-and-a-half ago, and I was able to travel to her funeral and be with so many people who loved her. It was a moving experience to spend that kind of time with my family.
- I somehow ate muffins all weekend, supplemented by A&W burgers, and managed to go down a belt size.
- A few of us were travelling through blizzard conditions on the way home from Alberta, but everyone made it through without incident! One of my greatest fears is highway travel in winter.
- Lately, whenever I'm sure I will find a situation tortuous and prepare myself for the worst, the world brings out love and connection. I've never been so happy to be wrong, and I'm trying to learn to expect love.
- Romy and Michele's High School Reunion is a terrible movie, but it's such a good distraction. What would I do without bad movies? (I know. I'd probably watch good movies, but shhh.)