Grace in Small Things 1021: Sharpie Pens, a Loud Bird, Smiles, Community Support, and Ted Lucas
- My new Sharpie pens arrived! I love these things. They're cheap, and the ink doesn't smudge or bleed in my bullet journal. I am sometimes lured by fancier pens, but I always come back to these.
- It's still cold out, but the sun is so nice today that a bird is making a racket about it outside my window.
- I rarely leave the house in February every year, because it's my hardest month, but I got out for a short walk today and smiled at all the elderly neighbours who were also out. Smiles can turn whole days around.
- My beautiful auntie Jill died suddenly this weekend, and I am so lucky to have the friends and family I do to get through this terrible time. She was too young and too beautiful to have to go this soon.
- Shortly after I got the news about my aunt, I came across this 1975 Ted Lucas album. I don't know why, but it's been a great comfort to me over the last couple of days. It will be on heavy rotation here for a long time.