Grace in Small Things 1019: The Trip Home, Kitty Feet, Red Rose Tea, Longer Days, and Helpers
- Over the last day-and-a-half of my trip to Alt Summit and to visit my parents, I hit Mexico, Arizona, California, British Columbia, and finally Saskatchewan. It was a long trip home, but every person I met along the way had a smile and some kindness for me. Each one was an unexpected surprise to my weary self.
- Onion was so happy to have me home after missing me for over a week, and I got to witness it in his belly up, feet-in-the-air, long morning cuddles (pictured above).
- Aidan brought home a new big box of Red Rose tea. After being out for a while, it was like being handed 144 little packets of comfort.
- THE DAYS ARE GETTING NOTICEABLY LONGER AND BRIGHTER. My heart goes pitter-patter.
- There is so much love in this world. It can be easy to miss when I overdo it on the news, but kindness is everywhere with people reaching out to comfort and be comforted, to help each other get things done, to build new and good things together. As Mr. Rogers would say, look for the helpers. They outnumber the people who get me down every time.