Grace in Small Things 1018: Alt Summit, Palm Springs, a Trailer Park, a Side Trip, and Going Home
- After wanting to attend Alt Summit for the last couple of years, I was finally able to go last week. The content was excellent and the other attendees I met wowed me with the immense amount of creative and business knowledge they had.
- Aidan came with me to Palm Springs for the conference, which meant that we finally had a bit of a warm weather getaway with each other for the first time in almost 12 years. It was such a beautiful relief to escape a dismal January and find ourselves walking beneath palms under a warm sun.
- Following Alt Summit, I came to stay here with my parents in Yuma, Arizona. They come here for a couple of months most winters. Over the last couple of days I've been able to see where they stay and meet some of their friends, and I can see why they come here. The people care for each other, watch out for each other, and play together. The community in this snowbirds trailer park is truly something special.
- We took a little side trip into Mexico today, and it hit me how lucky I am to be able to travel freely through three different countries inside of one week. The level of freedom I have to travel is a privilege of which I haven't always been aware. I am now.
- I leave for home tomorrow and will get to see Aidan and my kitties again. Coming back home is always so good, and it's an incredible gift to have this be true.