Grace in Small Things 1008: Pareidolia, a Podcast, Beef Chili, Nesting, and Some Good Old Jazz
- Surprise faces in my pancakes, toast, electric sockets, etc. still delight me. I'm a fan of pareidolia.
- I've been listening to the Voices of Standing Rock podcast., and it's great little window into the life and culture of the water protectors standing strong in the face of the DAPL.
- Aidan made this great beef chili that marries beautifully with mashed potatoes. It's going to become a staple around here.
- I've been a real nesting phase since the days have become so much shorter, and I've been throwing my money into sweaters and toques and fuzzy slippers. I'm feeling cozy.
- I haven't listened to jazz regularly in years, and I missed it, so I dug up some Chet Baker, Pharoah Sanders, Blossom Dearie, Ornette Coleman, Cannonball Adderley, and the like and have had all of them playing on repeat. I think I'm going to be here for awhile.