Grace in Small Things 1002: Slow Breakfasts, Ground Coffee, a Podcast, Italy, and the Nearing End of the Election
- I have learned not to guilt myself for taking a long time to have my breakfast and get moving in the morning. After 43 years of being a person who needs this, I'm finally done with shaming myself for not being a workhorse as soon as I get out of bed.
- Aidan left enough ground coffee that I didn't have to grind any this morning. For some unknown reason, I hate grinding coffee very much, so this was like a surprise present.
- I discovered Jessica Lahey's #AmWriting podcast, and it has re-inspired me to take my writing more seriously again.
- I'm grateful for Italy, because the people there invented pizza.
- There are only 21 days left before the American presidential election. Thank god. I'm Canadian, and it's exhausting even up here.