5 Things I Liked Enough to Show You: 19–25 March 2016
I know, I know. I usually have TEN things I liked enough to show you, but this week was too gonzo work-wise for me to do much reading. So, five things it is!
- This is a pretty good theory about what the root of some of our anxiety is and how to deal with it.
- Instagram is instituting a new algorithmic timeline, and I'm none too crazy about it.
- Patti Smith did a Q & A with Chatelaine about reclaiming solitude.
- Microsoft made a teen girl AI, set it loose to learn on Twitter, and it became a sex-crazy uber-racist in short order. It's like Microsoft had never seen Twitter before.
- Speaking of NSFW music from 1988 — we weren't, but no matter — this week was overrun with Ice-T's "Girls L.G.B.N.A.F."