I've thunk lots of thoughts, but I question my storytelling every time I sit down to write.
I'm questioning everything:
- Why is this story important to tell?
- Why tell this story right now?
- What parts of this story are mine to tell?
- What parts of this story are being told with motives that lie outside this particular piece? Are any parts there simply to serve my own ego or to hurt someone?
- Do I have the chops to tell this story well enough?
- With the nearly infinite perspectives from which I could tell this story, why did I choose this one?
- Am I ready to tell this story, or should I think about it some more?
I think I'm going through growing pains, and I don't like the discomfort. It's uncomfortable. Does anyone here have an in with the universe who can tell it I'm already tall enough, goddammit?