I like to think of myself as smart, witty, and possibly a bit intellectual. I know I'm not really intellectual, but my inner, brooding, 19-year-old self who dyes her long hair dark and parts it in the middle and carries Sartre around so she can pass herself off as intellectual still likes to pretend she is. My list of Netflix obsessions tells a different story, though.
Me? I have a thing for binge-watching old television shows. I set up a second monitor so I can watch while I work. I watch on my laptop in bed. I've even been known to prop my iPad up on the flour container so I can watch while I make blueberry pancakes.
When I started putting a list of my binge-watches together, I was aiming for ten. I hit 20 without even trying. TWENTY. I am somewhat ashamed, but I am also binge-watching Happy Endings while I write this list, so I'll hold off on the self-flagellating until later.
My Netflix TV Show Binge-Watch Confession List
- The Facts of Life, 9 seasons
- The X-Files, 9 seasons
- Diff'rent Strokes, 8 seasons
- United States of Tara, 3 seasons
- How I Met Your Mother, 8 seasons
- Freaks and Geeks, 18 episodes
- Square Pegs, 20 episodes
- Community, 4 seasons
- Degrassi Junior High, 3 seasons
- Degrassi High, 2 seasons
- Undeclared, 17 episodes
- The IT Crowd, 4 series
- The Ellen Show, 18 episodes
- The Kids In the Hall, 5 seasons
- NewsRadio, 5 seasons
- Wings, 8 seasons
- Raising Hope, 3 seasons
- Portlandia, 2 seasons
- Archer, 3 seasons
- and some of The Nanny in a fit of what must have been self-loathing, but I couldn't commit, so there's hope for me yet.