- Search out the anticipation rather than the fear in my chest when I meet new situations.
- When communication with someone is difficult, remember that each person is fighting their own hard battle, including the person in front of me.
- Action beats beats both shame and fear in a footrace.
- As disappointing and defeating as injustice is when meted out by others, I can only do what I can do, and I am capable of behaving from a place of honour and conscious thought when others are not.
- Learning to overcome fear does not mean that I will not feel it anymore, but it does mean that I will learn to read my fear for meaning and use it to inform, rather than hinder, my actions.
- To feel love, show love.
- Indulge in five minutes with a small joy every day, whether it is letting the steam from tea tickle my nose, soaking my feet in a sink of hot water, or napping with my cat. This will add more than 30 extra hours of joy to my life every year, and it is as habit-forming as anything else I do every day.
I am taking part in NaBloPoMo, National Blog Posting Month, which has me posting a blog entry every day throughout the month of November.