I have been a rather busy little chickadee these last few weeks, and, although I keep meaning to sit down and document some of the important things that have been transpiring around these parts, I can't seem to carve out enough time to write actual paragraphs. That's why I'm here at midnight writing a list of hings that are going on, and you can all use your imaginations to colour in the outlines.
- As of sometime tomorrow, if we can figure out who to get the keys from, the Palinode and I will the proud new owners of a heritage condo. We've never been mortgage custodians before, and we weren't even planning on it as little as a month ago, so this whole process has been very wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am please-sign-over-your-soul-here-please. It'll be a relief to finally have the keys and figure out what it is we just did.
- I hit two years sober about two weeks ago. TWO YEARS. There was a time in my life when I thought I would drink until I died looking way uglier than I had to, and I'm more than a little stunned to find myself two years dry and counting.
- On September 9th, I will have been quit smoking for three years. It's all clean living over here.
- I'm spending the 4 months leading up to my 40th birthday raising enough money through Charity: Water to give 40 people access to clean water, and we're already 20% there at only four days in. If we keep this up, we'll blow right past my original goal of $2,650 and raise $16,033. Why not think big when it comes to changing the world?
- I have several blog entries started about things like our role online as intimacy machines, how the idea that a belief in our dreams is what makes them happen actually leads to cultural empathy loss, sobriety at the two-year mark, how editing is just the kind of passionate lovemaking your writing wants, and several lists I keep for those ideas that I can't find the paragraphs for. (I am hoping that writing them down here will increase the likelihood of me actually finishing them.)
Sweet dreams, me. You're a homeowner in the morning!