1. I can never remember what a poodle/shih tzu cross is called, so I just think of them as "poo-shits".
2. I made a kickass version of crusty potatoes with rosemary, onions, and garlic, which reminds that everyone should follow my advice in point number three.
3. How to Cook Everything (Completely Revised 10th Anniversary Edition): 2,000 Simple Recipes for Great Food is the best cookbook I have ever used, because it's recipes are simple enough for me not to screw up and for me to play around with and make my own without killing anyone. Every kitchen should have a copy.
4. The sound of hot water burbling through the radiator makes me feel like I am in a time warp.
5. Desmond Dekker's "The Israelites" makes things better every time I hear it.
Wage a battle against embitterment and take part in 365 days of Grace in Small Things.