Things For Which I Would Continue To Beat Myself Up If I Didn't Think I Was So Awesome In Spite Of It All
- I sold off my entire music collection more than once for grocery money.
- When I was ten, I convinced my younger cousin that if he left the room in which we were playing, he would go straight to Hell. I pretended that I was an unwilling player in Satan's plan to steal his soul, and the only way my cousin could save himself would be to stay with me in that room forever and never see his family again. It has been twenty-four years since we last spoke.
- In the summer of 1993, I dated a man that I was sure I was going to marry, which didn't happen, because I broke up with him after cheating on him and then lying to him about it.
- I spend less time on my photography than I wish I would.
- I gagged on the stewed plum perogies with sweet sauce that my grandmother made every time she served them.
- Once upon a time, I was a terrible sibling to my little brother. I fed him tabasco-covered chocolate chips, forgot him up in a tree until he jumped out and broke his arm, and used a paper hole puncher to punch holes in the bottom of his t-shirt.
- I am still paying off student loans for a university degree that I started in the mid-1990s and then never finished.
- I have wished for exactly three of my pets to die.
- I don't eat enough fruit and vegetables.
- There was a girl in grade ten who confided to me that her father beat her, and she showed me a scar that she'd gotten from an electrical cord. Not knowing what to do, I did nothing.
- I don't say no enough, and I don't say yes enough.
Now it's your turn. What are you still awesome in spite of? Come on. Don't leave me dangling here.