#824: My Brain On Drugs
The symptoms that inspired me to go to my doctor and have her readjust the level of my drug-to-stave-off-the-crazy:
- Crying while happy
- Crying while sad
- Crying while thinking nothing at all
- Shallow breathing, as though trying to hide while being hunted
- Occasional burning sensation across my shoulders and up the back of my neck
- Tingling in my arms and legs
- Itchy skin
- Restless sleeping
- Decrease in appetite
- Inability to concentrate
- Inability to finish a knitting project
What my brain is experiencing on its first day of a higher dosage of its beloved brain medication:
- La la la la
- Was that a cat under my desk? No?
- Coffee is made out of beans. Beans!
- Where was I again?
- La la la la
What my Friday night might entail, because this brain would not do well out in the general public:
- Sewing a button back on to my new office pants. Why are buttons sewn on to the inside of pants' waistbands in such a shoddy manner?
- Knitting a scarf
- Reading the Palinode's latest copy of "Harper’s Magazine"
- Repeatedly knocking the cats off a chair that they are hell bent on destroying
- Eating junk food and sitting around in my underwear
- Taking photographs of miniature things that I have been collecting over the last few months with no real goal other than to photograph them standing around
Why you wish you were me:
- Being this high legally sounds like a pretty good deal.
- Sewing buttons on to your pants on a Friday night is all the party you can handle.
- Hanging around the house in your underwear is your life's dream, but your mom doesn't let you / you are a gymnophobe.